Thursday, April 3, 2014

Rizwan Arshad in the Race to be a Member of Parliament


I am SSKP, we have a youth leader who has been nominated for Member of  parliament, Bangalore central. I am impressed with the work he has done in the past, so would suggest all my friends and family to elect him as an MP. So that we can have a bright future in Bangalore central.
Hi. I am Rizwan – in my mid-thirties. A reflection of the evolving Indian society. When I took up
student issues in my college 18 years ago, I had not the faintest idea that one day I will be in the
race to be a Member of Parliament. Well, that’s been my journey. It’s also reflective of the changing
Indian society. I believe you want that change in politics too.
WHAT DRIVES ME?
Anyone that has lived in this city will tell you there is an incredible energy about it. I am proud of
our city’s legacy as the knowledge capital of the country. Development is a great idea. However,
growth needs to be sustainable. But we want a better quality of life. So what do you and I do about
this? We must join hands to focus on where we are heading. I believe the winds of change are
upon us. This time, more than ever, there is more involvement of the masses. More youngsters are
asking questions. They want to know what, when and how. Society needs a leader they can relate
to, who understands and reflects their needs, concerns, aspirations and desire for change. I know
this emotion and I feel it strongly.
WHAT DO I WANT?
I want to see a Bengaluru that is – clean and green. I want a city which is safe for each one of us.
With so many new people making Bengaluru their home each day, there is an influx of different
cultures and attitudes. I want a tolerant Bengaluru where diversity is celebrated. I want a better
public commute system. I want to see more Bangaloreans come out and volunteer to work with
various causes, to take ownership of the city and to work towards improving it.
JOINING HANDS WITH CONGRESS
I began my journey as the college unit president of the NSUI in 1996. The intent to take up issues,
to stand up, to be counted has taken me from student issues to working with youth organizations
at the state and national level, organizing and motivating them to action. I am also a reflection of
the deepening process of internal democracy within the Congress Party. I have been elected twice
as the President of K’taka Pradesh Youth Congress. These experiences have given me insights into
our society, enabled me to work with people, build teams and deliver results. Congress Party has
given me a chance to contest for Bengaluru Central because it believes in giving opportunities
to youngsters who are reflective of the evolving Indian society. Given a chance to represent
Bengaluru Central, I hope to be your voice and to represent a collective vision – yours and mine.

Regards:
SSKP.

No comments:

Post a Comment